Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Email Interview with Dexter D. Evans

Niko Nkululeko: Good afternoon Dexter D. Evans. I thank you for doing this email interview today. I believe that you are a very distinguished individual and I would like for people to know more about you. Before I begin I would like to ask you what is your purpose in life?

Dexter D. Evans: My purpose, wow! My purpose in life is to influence as many people as I can. In one day becoming the U.S. Secretary of Education, I want to take the wisdom and knowledge that I obtain through earning a Juris Doctorate, Masters in Higher Education, and Masters of Divinity to reach the nations educators and students. I feel that education is the only way the people can advance whether it is learning academically, tactically, or spiritually.

Niko Nkululeko: Who do you consider to be your biggest role model?

DE: Seeking the ways of Jesus Christ is the best example of a servant leader whom I chose to follow daily. I am greatly influenced by many great men i.e. President Sorrell, my pastor Dr. Jerry L. Christian, and an abundance of mentors, but J.C. is who I lean on for all guidance and understanding.

NN: I know that we are classmates and I have had the honor to work side by side with you in an apartment renovation project that we are doing on the campus of Paul Quinn College. Would you like to tell viewers how this project is coming along?

DE: Well, thank you sir. It's an honor to work along side a consistent partner like yourself as well. But yes, the apartment renovation on the campus has been a tough task despite the effective progression we have made. I'm proud to say that we have made it to the budgeting and work plan stages of the project and know will begin writing grants, hosting fundraisers, and exploring business/networking opportunities to eventually inspire future donors.

NN: When is the expected date for the apartments to become open for on campus Paul Quinn Students?

DE: The tentative grand opening will be held the beginning of the Fall 2011 semester. I'm extremely excited! When it's all said and done, you'll be one of the first to have a room, brother Niko.

NN: Where do you think your group will get the funding and resources for this project?

DE: The Department of Education is our first stop! I pray that everything can get taking care of, so we receive the blessing that God has for us. 

NN: This is great! We all want to continue to hear more updates on how you are coming along on this enormous project. I am very optimistic for you and the group. I want you to succeed and knowing you personally I know you will!

DE: Thanks, Bless you brother.

If you want to stay up to date on news in your community please visit, dallassouthnews.org


No comments:

Post a Comment