Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Social Media And Its Uses

There are many people in my community that I deem as important. One of the individuals that fall into this category is Professor Shaw. P. Williams.

Shawn P. Williams was my instructor for the Social Media Class offered at Paul Quinn College this past 2010 semester. If it was not for him and his phenomenal teaching skills I would not have this blog on the Internet right now.

He showed the class not just the basics for media and it's uses but he also taught us the significance of having a news platform and how we can use it to inform and change our community. I have great goals for my blog.

The Nikos News Network as I have created, caters to a vast audience. And you who are reading is apart of this audience.

Terms used for the web such as blog, html, search engine, and web browser were names I was not quite familiar with even though I saw and used them daily. By taking the course I learned more about social media and its uses as well as what these terms meant.

People today want to know what is happening at this moment. Social websites such as Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter are sites that help them to do so. With sites like these they help with networking and letting people know what is happening "Now".

In my opinion I believe Facebook is the easiest site and most known to get use to because many millions of people have one. Users are able to get in contact with old friends, family members and even receive job "hookups".

By becoming internet and technology savvy, people can truly know how to get the most out of these resources. Like me, you too can develop your own blog and put whatever you that is important out to the public.

I thank you Mr. Shawn P. Williams for educating me and our Social Media Class this past semester. I hope you to continue to enlighten and brighten minds local and abroad.

If you would like to know what is happening in your Dallas Community and throughout Texas visit Shawn P. Williams website at Dallassouthnews.org

No comments:

Post a Comment