Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Big Interview

Niko Nkululeko: So, I hear a lot of talk about a social business plan project that you are working on at Paul Quinn College. Is this true?

Valette Reese: Why yes, yes it is.

Niko Nkululeko: How far are you coming along on this project of yours?

Valette Reese: I am actually almost done. I am just finishing up a few financial aspects of the project and tieing up some loose ends.

Niko Nkululeko: Is there a type of prize that you'll get once you complete this business plan?

Valette Reese: Yes! We are actually competing for a $2,500 prize from Pepsico to be split between the top three presentations.

Niko Nkululeko: Wow. Thats a lot of money...Can you elaborate a little more on your business plan please?

Valette Reese: Well I don't want to let the cat out of the bag before I present, but I can tell you why we are even doing this. The whole point of our business plan is to create a social business that can make money, sustain itself, and solve a social problem. For example, creating a store that sells fresh vegetables to solve the problem of obesity.

Niko Nkululeko: This sounds like a great plan Valette. How can veiwers find out more about this spectacular plan?

Vallete Reese:  Well I can tell you the social problem I am trying to solve is unemployment for ex-convicts. If you would like to see what my business is you can come to Paul Quinn College on Dec. 13, 2010 in the Zale Library at 6:30pm to see my presentation.

Niko Nkululeko: Well there you have it folks.  Thank you Reese so much for your time and I wish you the best on your plan and am looking forward to your big win Monday!

If you want to learn more about what's happening in your Dallas community feel free to visit Dallassouthnews.org

No comments:

Post a Comment